Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Architectural Piece: Kalanchoe

Very minimalistic. I wish I had a better background to shoot it in front of. But I was looking at my Kalanchoe and really wanted to use it in a simple arrangement. I wanted most of the focus to be on the succulent because it is so striking, adding much more would detract from its interesting form and growth habit. 

Kalanchoe beharensis 'Fang'. It's supposedly called 'Fang' because of the pointy tissues on the underside of the leaves that look like vampire teeth, or any kind of scary teeth for that matter!

I also love how the colors play off each other. The Kalanchoe has so many different hues with the silver fuzzy hair covering it. The textures of the dusty miller and the Kalanchoe are just perfect when they are next to each other.

'Fang' also has some teeth along its leaf margins

Textures

Tried to get the whole piece; wouldn't exactly fit in my suitcase :)

Architectural Piece with Kalanchoe and dusty miller

No comments:

Post a Comment